Home insurance from Allstate® Canada
Your home is the centre of your world. It's a place where life happens; where you and your family relax, entertain and spend quality time together. That's why your home insurance should provide peace of mind, suit your lifestyle and protect the things you value most. That's where Allstate steps in. Our coverage can be customized with the options you need. We also have over 1,700 agents in 80 community-based agencies, which means we're always here for you whenever you need us. After all, there's no place like home — and there's no substitute for coverage that fits. Find out why Allstate is the right choice for you.
Custom coverage for the things that matter most
You can tailor Allstate's Your Choice Home® to fit your needs. Rest assured every policy protects your home and other structures (e.g., a garage or shed). It also covers your personal items, legal liability to other people and their property, and living expenses if your home needs repairs. You can also add unique options: Game and Fishing, Identity Theft and Legal Expense Coverage, and Yard and Garden coverage. And, you can choose from three levels of protection:
- Covers your dwelling and contents against all risks, including replacement cost (replaces contents with items of similar value, without depreciation).
- Options include Claim Forgiveness*, Disappearing Deductible** and one free custom option.
- Covers your dwelling for a wide range of risks.
- Covers contents for certain perils such as fire and theft, including replacement cost (repairs or replaces items without depreciation).
- Also includes the Disappearing Deductible.
- Covers the dwelling and contents for certain perils only, including fire and theft.
- Available for purchase on an individual basis, including earthquake damage, personal articles coverage (e.g. jewelry), sewer back-up (not available in all locations) and home business coverage. Quebec insludes above ground water endorsements and ground and sewer water endorsements.
We're always by your side
When it comes to home insurance, we're here to match you with the right coverage that protects your property and belongings. We also work hard to make sure you're always in Good Hands®. That means providing attentive customer care and guiding you through the process from start to finish.
- How do I know how much insurance I need? There are two main factors to consider: the first is the value of your home's physical structure. The second is the value of your personal property (including furnishings, appliances and clothing). Start by taking a detailed inventory of your items to ensure you have an accurate estimate of their value. Be sure to ask your Allstate agent about any limits or exclusions that may apply.
- How is my premium calculated? We consider a number of factors when we calculate your home insurance premium like: replacement cost (size and composition or your home, and value of contents); your neighbourhood; proximity to a fire hydrant or fire station; type of roofing; type of heating source; number of kitchens and bathrooms; and more.
- What happens if I have to make a claim? Our Claims team is here for you 24/7and we'll walk you through the process.