Home and auto insurance from Allstate® Canada
Protecting your two most valuable investments — your home and your car — should be a top priority. So, finding home and auto insurance that gives you peace of mind makes sense. At Allstate, we believe your coverage should be tailored to your needs. That’s why we created a range of options so you can pick and choose the features you want. A local agent is always here to make sure you — and the things you care about — are protected. In addition, when you insure both your home and car with us, you’re eligible for savings on both policies with our Take Two Advantage®. That’s just one of the ways Allstate puts you first.
Already have the basics covered? Find out more about our policies for the “extras” in your life.
Personalize your coverage with Your Choice Home®
Your home — including its contents — isn’t the same as your neighbour’s, so why should you have the same home insurance? Allstate’s Your Choice Home® gives you a solid foundation to build your perfect policy. In addition to covering your home and property in case of perils such as explosion, falling objects, fire, vandalism, water damage and theft, you can also add personalized options:
- Game and Fishing: additional coverage for lost or damaged fishing and hunting equipment and the rental fees for temporary replacements; loss or damage to windsurfers, sailboard and watercrafts; reimbursement of prepaid club memberships and license fees if ill or injured.
- Golf: covers lost or damaged golf clubs, accessories and golf carts and the rental fees for temporary replacements; reimbursement of prepaid club membership fees if ill or injured as well as reimbursement for costs of “hole-in-one” celebrations (varies by province).
- Identity Theft and Legal Expense Coverage: covers expenses associated with identity theft and provides a toll-free legal assistance hotline for legal questions.
- Ski and Snowboard: covers lost or damaged ski and snowboard equipment and/or the temporary replacement of equipment; reimbursement for prepaid membership fees if ill or injured or if runs are closed due to adverse weather conditions.
- Student: covers loss or damage to school property on loan to student; living and/or moving expenses incurred as a result of loss or damage to residence; missed exams and tuition fees as a result of illness or injury; emergency travel home due to injury, illness or death of an immediate family member.
- Yard and Garden: covers theft, loss or damage to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns; professional design fees and expenses to restore your garden during loss or damage; garden tractors and snow removal equipment due to theft, loss or damage.
Add auto insurance with Your Choice Auto®
At Allstate, we know every driver is unique, so that’s why we have Your Choice Auto® insurance. In addition to the mandatory liability coverage and accident benefits, you can also add:
- Comprehensive (Collision and Upset in Quebec): covers physical damage to your car that did not result from a collision (like theft, vandalism, fire, falling objects, lightning, explosion and chipped windshields).
- Collision (Perils other than Collision or Upset in Quebec): covers the cost of repair or the replacement of your vehicle (up to its actual value less your deductible) if you have a collision with another car or an object (e.g. tree, guardrail, or pothole).
- Specific Perils: covers only certain perils such as fire, theft, lightning and some natural disasters.
- All Perils: provides you with the most complete coverage by combining Collision and Comprehensive coverages.
- Waiver of Depreciation (Indemnity in Quebec): if your new car (less than 36 months old) is damaged as a result of an accident, vandalism or theft, no depreciation applies.
- Loss of Use (Travel Expenses in Quebec): reimburses you for the cost of alternative transportation (e.g. rental, taxi) if your car is being repaired due to damage caused by an accident or vandalism.
- Damage to a Non-Owned Vehicle: covers you if you damage a car you don’t own, such as a rental.
- Civil Liability (Quebec): damage caused to a vehicle that the insured does not own.
- Drivewise® (available in Ontario and Alberta): save up to 30% on your auto insurance when you enroll.