Car insurance from Allstate® Canada
Between your daily commute, summer road trips to the cottage and shuttling the kids around town, you depend on your car to get you around. That’s exactly why you need quality car insurance to protect it. At Allstate, we know that it isn't always easy to find the right auto coverage to fit your specific needs and budget. That's why we created Your Choice Auto® to give you the flexibility to choose the features that work for you. There are many bundling options that can save you money. And, you'll also have a 24/7 claims team that is always here when you need them. No matter what happens, we'll make sure you’re in Good Hands®.
Want to get even better value for your money? Find out how you can save more by bundling your home and car insurance. Get an online quote now to get started.
Get the complete coverage you need from Allstate
We know choice in coverage is important, so before you decide what extra features you want, we’ll make sure you have what you need. With Claim Forgiveness, your rate won’t go up because of a claim*. And with Disappearing Deductible, your deductible will go down for every term you go without making a claim**. No matter what, Allstate has you covered for:
- Liability: Protects you in the event you’re involved in an accident and held legally liable for injury or death to other people. It also covers damage to their vehicle or property.
- Accident Benefits: Covers medical expenses, including but not limited to: medical treatment, rehabilitation, funeral costs, and loss of income as a result of injury (not available in Quebec).
Get custom coverage with Your Choice Auto®
We know choosing the right car insurance policy is not always easy. Beyond mandatory coverage, what else do you need? It depends on a number of factors — your driving record, what kind of car you drive, how often and where you drive it, and many other factors. At Allstate, we're always here to help make sure you have the coverage that's right for you. You can choose from additional coverage through Your Choice Auto®, including:
- Collision (Collision and Upset in Quebec): Covers the cost of repair or replacement of your vehicle (up to its actual value minus your deductible) if you’re involved in a collision with another car or an object (e.g. tree, guardrail or pothole).
- Comprehensive (Perils other than Collision or Upset in Quebec): Covers physical damage to your car caused by theft, vandalism, fire, falling objects, lightning, explosion and chipped windshields — or any other perils not caused by a collision or upset.
- Specific Perils: Covers only certain perils, including fire, theft, lightning and some natural disasters.
- All Perils: Combines Collision and Comprehensive coverage to make sure you have a back up plan no matter what happens.
- Damage to a Non-Owned Vehicle: Provides coverage in cases where you cause damage to a vehicle you do not own, such as a rental.
- Civil Liability (Quebec): Damage caused to a vehicle that the insured does not own.
- Loss of Use (Travel Expenses in Quebec): Reimburses you for alternative transportation (e.g. rental, taxi) if your vehicle is being repaired as a result of damage of theft.
- Waiver of Depreciation (Indemnity in Quebec): If your new car (less than 36 months old) is damaged as a result of an accident or vandalism, no depreciation will be applied.
- Drivewise® (Ontario and Alberta): Save up to 30% on your auto insurance when you install a small wireless device to track your daily driving habits.
Good driver? Enjoy savings of up to 30% with Drivewise™
Do you want to save more simply for exercising safe driving habits? Register for Allstate's free Drivewise™ program and we will send you a compact, quick-to-install device that records and assesses your routine driving habits. After tracking such good behaviours as driving at safe speeds, driving during safe hours and avoiding hard braking for a 6-month period, you could receive up to 30%** on your car insurance. Rest assured that Drivewise™ will not increase your premium, and there are no sign up or user fees. It's free, it's easy and it could save you more — so sign up today! You'll get 5%*** off just for enrolling, and an additional 5%*** discount if you download the Test Drivewise™ app.