Auto insurance from Allstate® Canada
Depending on your lifestyle, your car could be one of your biggest necessities. That’s why it’s important to protect it with auto insurance that fits your unique needs. At Allstate, we know that auto insurance isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. So we give you flexibility with Your Choice Auto® insurance. You can choose the features that benefit you the most. You’ll also have access to our dedicated 24/7 claims team and bundle options that can save you money. So start your online quote now, and rest easy knowing you and your car are in Good Hands®.
Auto insurance is essential whether you use your car for your daily commute, out-of-town road trips, or both. Allstate can provide you with the mandatory coverage for the province you live in, including:
- Accident Benefits: Covers the cost of medical treatment including rehabilitation, loss of income as a result of injury, and funeral expenses (not available in Quebec).
- Liability: Protects you if you are in an accident and you’re held legally liable for the injury or death of others. It also covers damage to their vehicle or property.
Additional coverage with Your Choice Auto®
At Allstate we know that no two drivers are alike. The type of car you drive, your driving history and and your transportation needs all affect what coverage is right for you. That’s why we have plenty of choices to tailor your auto insurance to your needs. Claim Forgiveness* which guarantees your rate won’t go up because of a claim*. Disappearing Deductible reduces your deductible with every consecutive term you're claim-free**. Your Choice Auto® also gives you options like:
- Collision (Collision and Upset in Quebec): Covers the cost of repair or the replacement of your vehicle (up to its actual value less your deductible) in the event of a collision with another car or an object (e.g. tree, guardrail, or pothole).
- Comprehensive (Perils other than Collision or Upset in Quebec): Covers physical damage to your car caused by theft, vandalism, fire, falling objects, lightning or explosion.
- All Perils: Combines Collision and Comprehensive to provide you with complete coverage than leave nothing to chance.
- Specific Perils: Covers only certain perils such as fire, theft, lightning and some natural disasters.
- Loss of Use (Travel Expenses in Quebec): Reimburses you for the cost of alternative transportation (e.g. rental, cab, public transit) while your vehicle is in the shop undergoing repairs because of damage or vandalism.
- Damage to a Non-Owned Vehicle: Covers you for repairs costs if you damage a rental car or other vehicle you don’t own.
- Civil Liability (Quebec): Damage caused to a vehicle that the insured does not own.
- Waiver of Depreciation: No depreciation will be applied if your new car (less than 36-months-old) is damaged in an accident.
- Drivewise® (only available in Ontario and Alberta): Save up to 30% on your auto insurance through enrollment in a program which allows us to monitor your daily driving habits.
Good driver? Enjoy savings of up to 30% with Drivewise™
Do you want to save more simply for exercising safe driving habits? Register for Allstate's free Drivewise™ program and we will send you a compact, quick-to-install device that records and assesses your routine driving habits. After logging your vehicle's driving data for 6 months — and examining such safe behaviours as avoiding speeding and being a low-mileage driver — you could be eligible to take advantage of up to 30%** in savings on your auto insurance. Rest assured that Drivewise™ will not increase your premium, and there are no sign up or user fees. It's straightforward, it's 100% free and it could lead to impressive savings — so don't hesitate to sign up today! Don't miss out on 5%*** enrollment savings, plus a further 5%*** discount if you download the Test Drivewise™ app.