Apartment insurance from Allstate® Canada
Your home is one of your most important and valuable investments. That’s why it’s crucial to keep it protected with the right apartment insurance for your needs. At Allstate, we appreciate that no two homeowners are the same, which is why we offer personalized landlord apartment insurance options to suit your unique lifestyle and living situation. We also provide discounts on a variety of products and services, value-added special features, 24/7 claims assistance, guaranteed repairs and more — all so you can rest assured knowing your home is in Good Hands®.
Don’t own your apartment? Don't need landlord insurance for apartment? Get an online quote for our tenant insurance instead and learn more about our coverage options for personal property.
Here’s what Allstate’s property insurance can cover:
- Your property
- Legal liability to other people and their property
- Living expenses if your apartment is being repaired
- Perils such as explosion, falling objects, fire, wind and hail, glass breakage, lightning, vandalism, smoke, theft or water damage
Our special features
Regardless of the size of your home or the value of your possessions, you can rest assured that our landlord apartment insurance coverage offers quality protection and additional coverage (available for purchase):
- Earthquake damage
- Personal articles coverage (jewelry)
- Sewer back-up (not available in all locations)
- Home business coverage
- Property in a storage facility
These are just some of the many ways we help ensure your peace of mind.
Whether you’re an avid golfer, a ski bunny or a fishing fan, you can add extra coverage to your landlord insurance for apartment in order to protect the possessions that bring great joy to your life. We also offer coverage for identify theft and for students living away from home. Our personalized options include:
- Game and fishing: additional coverage for loss or damage to hunting and fishing equipment or windsurfers, sailboards and watercrafts; reimbursement of prepaid club memberships and licence fees if ill or injured; and rental fees for temporary replacement of hunting and fishing equipment.
- Golf package: covers loss or damage to golf clubs, carts and accessories; reimbursement of prepaid club membership fees if ill or injured; rental fees for temporary replacement of golf equipment and golf carts; and reimbursement of costs for “hole-in-one” celebrations
- Identity theft and legal expense coverage: covers expenses associated with identity theft or covered disputes; toll-free legal assistance hotline available for legal questions.
- Ski and snowboard: covers loss or damage to ski and snowboard equipment; reimbursement of prepaid club membership fees if ill or injured; temporary replacement of equipment due to loss or damage; and reimbursement if runs are closed due to adverse weather conditions or avalanche.
- Student: covers loss or damage to school property on loan to student; living and/or moving expenses incurred as a result of loss or damage to residence; coverage for missed exams and tuition fees as a result of illness and injury; and coverage for emergency travel. home due to injury, illness or death of immediate family member
- Yard and garden (not available in Quebec): covers theft, loss or damage to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns; professional design fees and expenses to restore your garden due to loss or damage; and coverage for garden tractors and snow removal equipment due to theft, loss or damage